Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Music Horoscope

So, I saw this on Abra's blog and figured I'd try it. Hers seemed to fit pretty well, so I figured I'd have to prove that the songs have absolutely nothing to do with anything. Besides, I have a lot of music, including religious, classical, jazz, Portuguese, popular, etc. We'll see how it goes.

On Abra's blog:

"You know the rules. Put your MP3 player, iTunes, WMP, or whatever on shuffle with all the music you own on the playlist. Press play and the first song that plays is the answer."

It's fitting, considering my previous post so why not?

---

1) How am I feeling today?
Make You Whole : Sonja Jenson & Joel McCausland (From the New Testament seminary CD)
Huh?


2) Will I get far in life?
English Fiddler - Mrs. Marriott : Dave Swarbrick (World Naxos World 2004 Sampler)
Um....

3) How do my friends see me?
O Canada (live) : Five Iron Frenzy
This totally fits. It's Ska. And it's random Canada-ness

4) Will I get married?
Snails : The Format (from the album Dog Problems - seriously)
Sad but true.

5) What is my best friend’s theme song?
Leatherwing Bat : Tony Trischka, Pete Seeger, Bruce Molsky (from A Sound Legacy: 60 Years of Folkways Records and 20 Years of Smithsonian Folkways)

6)What is the story of my life?
Caring Hands : Felicia Day - from Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog

7) What was high school like?
Shandon Bells/Haste To The Wedding : Marty Smith (from Aurora Borealis)
More true in University, but works for high school too...at least in Utah.

8) What’s in store for this weekend?
Long As I'm Here With You : Sheryl Lee Ralph (from the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie)

9) How is my life going?
Going Down Slow : Eric Clapton
It's funny 'cause it's true.

10) How can I get ahead in life?
Free Ride: D. Hartman
Hmmmmm...

11) What’s the best thing about your friends?
When Love Comes to Town : U2

12)What song will they play at my funeral?
I'm Moving On : Rascal Flatts
Very Fitting - I'm impressed.

13) How does the world see me?
My Girl : Aerosmith
Um....no. Unless it's the fact that all my girls end up getting married to my friends and end up their girl.

14) Do people secretly lust for me?
Kayama : ATB
I can't even find a translation for this.

15) How can I make myself happy?
Lump : The Presidents of the United States of America

16) What should I do with my life?
Bleed America : Jimmy Eat World
Hmmmmm...

17) Will I ever have children?
Goodbye Alice in Wonderland : Jewel

18) What does your mom think about you?
Lean On Me : Various A Capella

19) What is your mortal enemy’s theme song?
Natural Mystic : Bob Marley
Scary.

20) What is your personality like?
All About Ruprecht : David Yazbek (from the Musical Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)

21) What song will be played at your wedding?
Jumptown : Steve Lucky And The Rhumba Bums (Swing Song)
Probably something like this at one point, but definitely not my song.

22)Your overall theme song?
Elephant Love Medley : Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor (from Moulin Rouge)
Hmmmm....


Well, I must say, a few actually worked. Most were way off. Insights?

4 comments:

Aquaspce said...

ahaha not knowing a lot of these songs, it was funny.
More seemed fitting title wise than perhaps you think!

Aquaspce said...

glad you played :)
JOSIE... wanna play?

Myrna said...

Josie has played, now to get her to post them...

Aquaspce said...

I just commented on her blog...JOSIE
are you listening?