Monday, July 14, 2008

Slip N'Slide

I remember when I was a kid, Crocodile Mile was one of the coolest things on the block. After school, we'd pull out the slip n'slide, turn on the hose, and race to see who could make it down the slide the fastest. As I've grown, I've determined that the toys are just the same as when we were kids. They're just bigger, faster, and a lot more fun.

Imagine a 65 degree slope, draped with a two meter by 100 ft. sheet of 4 pt. plastic, three hoses, and soap. Throw into the equation thirty college students, a little music, and a lot of up-man-ship and you have the ultimate slip n'slide party.

Kicking off the evening, Ryan soaped up his hairy body (trust me....it almost rivals Dallin's) and soared down the hill. A bunch of the other guys sent down and we had to spend the next several minutes figuring out how to stop people before they hit the asphalt trail, upon which we left a few patches of skin. We'll be a little raw tomorrow. Some of the more spectacular displays included Tyler, who went whipping down the hill so fast that when a couple of guys grabbed the bottom of the plastic and pulled it up to catch him, he burst right through and kept on going! I was a little disappointed that no one succeeded in staying on their feet all the way down, although Mike made it about 3/4 of the way down before biffing it! We even got a few of the girls to go down - until Tyler broke his finger that is!

Yeah, good times. That's college for you.

4 comments:

Aquaspce said...

sounds like fun - btw, do you like that MetroStation song Shake it? I love it! It's one of my new favs.

Myrna said...

You talk about how all these other guys did, but not about YOU...anyways, it sounds like a lot of fun!

David said...

My runs were pretty uneventful. Normal Superman style down the hill with the occasional roll as I hit the plastic and grass at the bottom and rolled. It was fun though.

Anonymous said...

lol. nice!