Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snowshoeing in December

Amanda invited me to go snowshoeing last Saturday with some family and friends, so we all piled in to the vehicle and away we went. Arriving at our destination way up in Provo Canyon, we noticed every vehicle in the parking lot was a 4X4 truck, jeep or SUV. Except our little two-wheel-drive mini van. We weren't intimidated at all.



It was beautiful, trekking through the snow-covered forest, admiring the breathtaking landscape, and politely disbelieving Brother Pilmer's tales of beating up bears, stalking wild animals, and (I'm assuming mildly) "true" scout stories.

We only had a couple spills. Justin decided that walking backwards in snowshoes doesn't work.



Also, I managed to knock Amanda over with my amazing fencing skills with our snowshoe/ski/walking stick thingies. We also had a drawing contest, creating a hallway of art along the trail in the middle of a field. Talk about vandalism of pristine snow landscape. Bwa hah hah!

We saw no wild animals on our trip, although we did meet up with the Peadons and had a little trouble getting out of the parking lot.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Fun!!

AmandaStretch said...

Good times! I will never again underestimate the power of a good stance in fencing.

Paz123 said...

That's nice!! I too like snowshoeing... I got my new snowshoes from Eastern Mountain Sports...

Emily said...

YAY! that was a fun day :)